Skip to main content

Some Loves Never Reach Home - Letters Never Given - Part 5




Some people say "I love you."

Others write it.

Nikhil did neither.

He believed love was too sacred to be spoken before it had learned to breathe on its own.

So he wrote.

Not for the world.

Not for Nikhita.

Only for the pages that never interrupted him.


His notebook had changed.

Once, it held observations about sunsets, strangers, birds, and quiet afternoons.

Now, almost every page carried her name.

Not boldly.

Not repeatedly.

Just enough for anyone reading it to realize that somewhere, between ordinary days and evening skies, a girl named Nikhita had quietly become the center of his universe.

He never intended for her to read those words.

Some feelings, he believed, were beautiful simply because they remained unspoken.


Letter One

Dear Nikhita,

Today, you laughed because I couldn't remember where I had kept my pen.

The truth is... I knew exactly where it was.

I only wanted you to keep smiling for another minute.

You're beginning to make ordinary moments dangerously beautiful.

— Nikhil

He folded the page.

Slipped it into the notebook.

Closed it.


Days passed.

Their friendship became effortless.

Morning messages began replacing formal greetings.

"Reached college?"

"Don't forget your umbrella."

"The library called. Your favorite novel is back."

"I found a tea stall that makes terrible tea. We should avoid it forever."

Sometimes they talked for hours.

Sometimes only a single sentence.

Yet neither felt ignored.

Silence between them had become another language.


One afternoon, while waiting outside the auditorium for a guest lecture to begin, Nikhita noticed Nikhil staring at the sky.

"What are you looking at?"

"The clouds."

"They're just clouds."

"No."

He smiled.

"They're architects."

She frowned.

"Architects?"

"They spend the whole day building castles... only to let the wind redesign everything."

She laughed so loudly that several students turned to look.

"You really do see the world differently."

"I don't know if that's good."

"It is."

She paused.

"It makes people feel seen."

The words stayed with him long after she had forgotten saying them.

That night, he opened his notebook again.


Letter Two

Dear Nikhita,

Today you said I make people feel seen.

You have no idea what you've done.

No one has ever looked at me that way.

Most people notice what I do.

You notice who I am.

If I never become anything remarkable, I think I'll still be grateful... because somewhere in this enormous world, there exists one person who understands my silence.

— Nikhil


A week later, college organized a blood donation camp.

Nikhita was terrified of needles.

She stood outside the hall, nervously twisting the end of her dupatta.

"I don't think I can do this," she admitted.

"You don't have to."

"But I want to."

Nikhil smiled gently.

"Then don't look at the needle."

"What should I look at?"

He held up his notebook.

"Me."

She rolled her eyes.

"That's hardly comforting."

"I know."

"But it's less frightening than the needle."

She laughed despite herself.

During the donation, she kept her eyes fixed on him.

He stood outside the partition, making ridiculous faces every time she looked nervous.

The nurse smiled.

"You've brought your own entertainment."

When it was over, Nikhita walked out pretending to be annoyed.

"You're impossible."

"And yet..."

"And yet what?"

"I think I'd still choose you to distract me."

For reasons he couldn't explain, those words echoed in his heart all evening.


That night brought another letter.

Letter Three

Dear Nikhita,

Today you trusted me with your fear.

People think love begins with holding hands.

I think it begins the first time someone lets you stand beside their fear without asking you to fix it.

If one day life frightens you more than a tiny needle... I hope you'll still look for me.

I'll be there.

Always.

— Nikhil


The following Sunday, Nikhita invited him to her home for lunch.

Her mother welcomed him with a warm smile and insisted he eat more than he possibly could.

Her father asked about architecture, books, and future plans.

When Nikhil left that evening, her mother quietly said,

"He's a good boy."

Nikhita looked away, hiding a smile.

"I know."

At home, Nikhil's mother noticed something unusual.

"You've been smiling to yourself all day."

"Have I?"

"Yes."

She placed a cup of tea beside him.

"I haven't seen that smile since you were a little boy."

He looked down into the steaming cup.

Some happiness was too precious to explain.


The weeks slipped by like autumn leaves carried by the wind.

Assignments.

Exams.

Library afternoons.

Tea at the old stall.

Sunsets beneath the banyan tree.

Every memory quietly stitched itself into the fabric of their lives.

Neither realized they had stopped saying goodbye.

It had slowly become,

"See you tomorrow."

Because tomorrow had begun to feel certain.


Late one evening, Nikhil sat beneath the banyan tree alone.

The sky glowed softly in shades of purple.

He opened the notebook to a fresh page.

For the first time, his hand hesitated.

Then he wrote.

Letter Four

Dear Nikhita,

If I ever gather enough courage to give you these letters, it will mean I've finally learned that love isn't something to hide.

Until then, they'll remain here... quietly waiting.

Perhaps some stories aren't written to be read immediately.

Perhaps they wait for the right season.

I don't know what tomorrow brings.

But today... today I am grateful that somewhere beneath this same sky, you exist.

— Yours, though you don't know it yet.

He stared at the final line for a long time.

A shy smile crossed his face.

Then he gently closed the notebook.

Above him, the evening breeze rustled through the leaves of the old banyan tree.

One dry leaf drifted down and settled between the pages before the notebook closed.

As if nature itself wished to mark that letter.

Nikhil slipped the notebook into his bag and began walking home.

He didn't notice the slight ache in his chest.

It lasted only a few seconds.

Just long enough to make him stop.

He took a slow breath.

"It must be the climb," he whispered to himself.

Then he smiled and continued down the hill.

Far behind him, the banyan tree stood silent beneath the fading sky.

As though it had witnessed something neither love nor hope was yet ready to understand.

Popular posts from this blog

The Pattern of Silence - The Mind Behind the Pattern - Part 7

 By now, the case had stopped being a mystery of events . It had become a study of a mind . Aarav didn’t look at the victims that morning. He looked at absence . “No rage,” he said. Arvind leaned forward. “We’ve already established that.” “No,” Aarav replied calmly. “You’ve observed it. I’m explaining it.” Jadhav stayed silent. He had learned—when Aarav spoke like this, something important followed. Aarav began walking slowly. “Most killers begin with emotion—anger, revenge, fear, desperation.” He paused. “This one begins with detachment .” Arvind crossed his arms. “A psychopath.” Aarav shook his head slightly. “Too simple.” Silence. “A psychopath seeks thrill, dominance, sometimes recognition,” Aarav continued. “This person…” He glanced at the board. “…is patient. Consistent. Controlled.” Jadhav spoke hesitantly. “Then what is he?” Aarav turned. “A system.” The word felt strange. Unsettling. “He behaves like a system,” Aarav clarified. “Observe → Select → Execute → Erase.” Arvin...

Behind the Lit Windows - The Windows We Leave Behind - Part 20 ( FInal )

 The building stood the same. Tall. Quiet. Familiar. But not everything inside it stayed. A few days later— a small moving truck waited outside. On the fourth floor, Sana stood in the middle of her now-empty apartment. No curtains. No plant by the window. No traces of the nights she had spent there… except in memory. She walked slowly to the window one last time. The glass felt colder than usual. Across the building— the seventh-floor balcony was empty. She didn’t wait. Didn’t expect. Because some goodbyes don’t need to be seen. They just need to be understood. She smiled softly to herself. Not with sadness. But with acceptance. Life had given her something unexpected. Not a forever. But something real enough to change her. And that… was enough. She turned. Picked up her bag. And walked out. No messages. No last words. Just a quiet ending. Across the building, Arun stood in his kitchen. He didn’t know the exact moment she left. But someh...

Everyone Else Got the Manual - The Choice That Was Always Mine - Part 13 (Final )

 Darkness doesn’t feel empty. It feels… full. Full of something you can’t see. Something you can’t stop. Something that knows you’re still there. I couldn’t move. Not my hands. Not my feet. Not even my breath felt like mine. Inside me— Something was working. Quiet. Precise. Like a system completing its final step. “Erase residual identity.” The words echoed. Not from the book. From within. I tried to think. Tried to hold onto something— Anything— That felt like me . A memory. Laughter with Kavya. Late-night overthinking. Doubts. Fears. Even the confusion. All the things I once hated… They felt precious now. Because they were mine. “No…” I whispered. The word barely existed. The pressure inside me increased. Like something tightening. Wrapping. Erasing. “You don’t need that,” a voice said. Calm. Familiar. I recognized it instantly. It was my voice. But not mine. The other version. The ali...

The Mysuru Cipher - The Forgotten Father - Part 19

 The note remained on the stone floor. Three words. "Ask your father." Aditya stared at it. The chamber around him disappeared. The ancient walls. The hidden vault. The mystery. Everything became distant. Because one question had suddenly become more important than all others. Why had his father hidden this from him? "My father knows about this?" Nobody answered immediately. Professor Acharya looked away. Narasimha lowered his head. Even Devendra remained silent. That silence was enough. Aditya understood. They all knew. Ananya stepped closer. "Aditya..." He looked at her. For the first time since their investigation began, he seemed uncertain. Not as a detective. As a son. "My entire life, I thought my father was just a government employee." He looked at the diary. "Not a guardian." Prakash placed a hand on his shoulder. "Maybe he was protecting you." Aditya gave a faint smile. "Everyone...

My Mother’s Prince - The Loud Ones Carry Quiet Stories Too - Part 25

 The Loud Ones Carry Quiet Stories Too The training days started falling into a rhythm. Morning sessions. Group discussions. Case studies. Canteen food reviews by Raghav. “Today’s dal is emotional,” Raghav announced during lunch. “What does that even mean?” Kavya asked. “It looks like it cried before reaching the plate.” Even Sameer laughed. That evening, after dinner, he walked back to the hostel building. The campus lights were soft. Cool breeze. The kind of evening that makes people think about home. His phone rang. Amma. He answered immediately. “Hello.” Her voice sounded normal. But softer. “Did you eat?” “Yes.” “Food good?” “Yes.” “Room clean?” “Yes.” Three questions. Standard mother protocol. But something felt different. “Amma… everything okay?” A small pause. “Hmm.” That “hmm” carried too many things. “Tell me.” She hesitated. “Electricity problem in the house today.” “What happened?” “Fuse issue.” “Fixed?” “Yes… neighbor helped.” H...

Where the Sunrise Waited - The Secret Plan - Part 5

 The Secret Plan  The hill town slowly began to quiet down as afternoon sunlight softened the busy streets. Tourists wandered through the small market. Children chased each other near the town square. The mountains around the town looked peaceful again, as if nothing mysterious had ever existed there. But inside a small souvenir shop, two people were whispering like conspirators. Kabir and Riya. Dev stood a few feet away pretending not to be involved. “This is a bad idea,” he said without looking at them. Kabir waved his hand dismissively. “Relax. It’s just harmless fun.” Riya nodded enthusiastically. “Exactly. Just a tiny experiment.” Dev sighed. “I already regret being here.” Kabir leaned closer to Riya and lowered his voice. “Step one,” he whispered, “we make them accidentally walk together tomorrow.” Riya grinned. “That’s easy.” “Step two,” Kabir continued, “we disappear for a while.” Dev stared at them. “You two are insane.” Across the market street, ...

My Mother’s Prince – The First Time He Had to Lead - Part 23

The First Time He Had to Lead  The announcement came right after lunch. The trainer walked into the hall holding a stack of papers. “Alright,” he said, looking around the room. “Enough theory. Time for practice.” That sentence made half the room nervous. The other half excited. “You will now be divided into teams,” the trainer continued. “Each team will get a real operational problem.” “You have two days to analyze it and present a solution.” Thirty trainees immediately started whispering. Group projects always create two kinds of people: The ones who want to lead. The ones who hope someone else leads. He belonged to the second category. The trainer started calling names. “Team One…” “Team Two…” Then— “Team Three.” He heard his name. Along with four others. Raghav. A confident-looking woman named Kavya. A serious guy named Arjun. And another quiet participant named Sameer. Five people. One team. They gathered around a table with their case file. ...

Behind the Lit Windows - The Weight of Knowing - Part 8

 Knowing changed everything. Not loudly. Not immediately. But quietly… in the spaces between moments. The next morning, Arun woke up earlier than usual. For a few seconds, everything felt normal. Then it returned. The realization. It’s her. Not just a voice on the screen. Not just words anymore. A person. A window. A presence he could see . He walked to the balcony almost instinctively. The fourth-floor window was still. Curtains half drawn. No movement. But now… it didn’t feel distant. It felt close . Too close. Inside her apartment, Sana sat with a cup of water, staring at her phone. The conversation from last night lingered in her mind. “Do you have a blue curtain?” It had felt like coincidence at first. Now… it felt like something else. Not dangerous. Just… strange. She shook it off. Maybe she was overthinking. She had enough problems already. “Good morning,” Arun typed. He watched the screen. Waited. Across the building, Sana’s phone lit...

Behind the Lit Windows - Learning Each Other Again - Part 14

 Standing in front of each other felt… unfamiliar. Not because they were strangers. But because they weren’t anymore. The hallway was quiet. Too quiet for two people who had said so much… and now didn’t know where to begin. Arun shifted slightly, his hands unsure of where to rest. “So…” he started, then stopped. Sana let out a small breath. A faint smile touched her lips. “Yeah… so .” They both almost laughed. Almost. It was strange. Behind a screen, words had flowed effortlessly. Here— every word felt like it carried weight. “You’re quieter in real life,” Sana said gently. Arun nodded. “And you’re… more real.” The moment lingered. Not awkward. Just… honest. A soft sound echoed from a nearby apartment—utensils, a door closing, life continuing as usual. But for them… time had slowed. Sana leaned lightly against the wall. “I kept thinking… what if this ruins everything?” she admitted. Arun didn’t interrupt. He understood that feeling too well. ...

The Rose Behind the Verdict - The Rose Behind the Verdict - Part 14 - ( Final )

 No thunder rolled now. Morning sunlight entered Bishan House for the first time in years, touching dust, portraits, and faces that had forgotten warmth. Mira stood motionless. “Me?” she whispered. Dev lowered his eyes. “Yes,” said Arindam. “Dev returned not for Leela—but for Mira.” Silence deepened. Leela stared, then suddenly laughed through tears. “I knew it.” Mira turned sharply. “You knew?” Leela nodded. “You never looked at me the way you looked at her.” Dev stepped forward at last, stripped now of charm and performance. “When we were children,” he said softly, “Mira was the only person kind to me in this house. When I left for London , I intended to forget her.” “And failed?” asked Niraj. “Miserably.” Mira’s eyes filled. “Then why help Leela flee?” “Because Harish planned to force her marriage and use the inheritance to pressure you. Saving her was the only way to free you both.” Leela embraced her sister. “All these years,” she said, “everyone hid love b...