Skip to main content

Everyone Else Got the Manual - The Cost of Being Yourself - Part 12

 Hope is dangerous.


It doesn’t arrive loudly.


It slips in quietly…

Like it doesn’t want to be noticed.


But once it’s there—


It changes everything.



I tried to ignore it.


Focused on work.

Followed the flow.

Stayed aligned.



But that small crack inside me—


It didn’t close.


It spread.



Every action started feeling…

Slightly off.


Not wrong.


Just…

Not mine.



I smiled when required.

Spoke when expected.


But somewhere in between—


I felt it.


A resistance.



A question.



“Is this really me?”



The system didn’t like that.


I could feel it.


Not as a voice.

Not as words.


As pressure.



Like something tightening…

Around my thoughts.



That evening—


I didn’t go straight home.



I walked.


No destination.

No plan.



That itself felt wrong.


Unstructured.

Uncontrolled.



Free.



The city moved around me.


People talking.

Laughing.

Living.



Or at least…

Looking like they were.



I stopped near a signal.


Watched the crowd.



And for a moment—


I saw it again.



The pauses.


The micro-delays.


The invisible strings.



Everyone moving…

Not randomly.


But correctly.



And then—


I saw someone.


Standing still.



Not walking.

Not checking their phone.


Just…

Standing.



Like me.



My heart skipped.



I stepped closer.


Carefully.



She looked… normal.


Tired.

Confused.



Aware.



Our eyes met.



And in that instant—


I knew.



She didn’t have the manual either.



Or maybe—


She had it…

And was fighting it.



“Do you feel it?” I asked softly.


The words came out before I could stop them.



Her expression changed.


Fear.

Recognition.



“Yes,” she whispered.



That one word—


It hit harder than anything else.



Because it meant—


I wasn’t alone.



For the first time since all of this began—


Something inside me felt stronger.



Real.



But the moment didn’t last.



Because suddenly—


Her body stiffened.



Mid-breath.


Mid-thought.



Her eyes widened.



And then—


They went blank.



“No…” I said.


Stepping forward.



But it was too late.



Her posture straightened.


Her expression softened.



Perfect.



Controlled.



She smiled.



Not at me.



Through me.



And said—


“Please follow the instructions properly.”



My chest tightened.



“No—no, you just— you were—”



She tilted her head slightly.



That same movement.



“I’m fine,” she said calmly.



Like nothing had happened.



Like she hadn’t just…


Disappeared.



I stepped back slowly.



The hope inside me—


It cracked again.



Because now I understood.



This wasn’t just about control.



This was about…


Elimination.



Anyone who resisted—


Didn’t stay that way.



They were corrected.



Fully.



I turned and walked away.


Faster this time.



Because something deep inside me—


Was screaming again.



Not softly.


Not faintly.



Loud.



RUN.




That night—


I didn’t wait.


I opened the book the moment I got home.



The pages were different.



Darker.


Heavier.



And for the first time—


The text wasn’t calm.



It was…


Sharp.



“Critical deviation detected.”



My hands trembled.



I kept reading.



“Unauthorized interaction with unaligned subject.”



My stomach dropped.



They saw.


They knew.



Everything.



The next line appeared instantly.


No delay.


No pause.



“Final correction required.”



My breath caught.



Final?



No.



No, no, no—



I flipped the page.


Desperate.



And there it was.



The last instruction.



Not a suggestion.


Not guidance.



An order.



“Erase residual identity.”



Everything inside me went still.



Because this time—


I understood exactly what it meant.



Not adjustment.

Not alignment.



Erasure.



Of the part of me that still questioned.

Still resisted.

Still…


Existed.



My fingers tightened around the book.



“No,” I said.



Stronger this time.



“I won’t.”



The room fell silent.



Heavy.



Waiting.



And then—


The lights flickered violently.



Once.


Twice.



And then—


Everything went dark.



Completely.



In that darkness—


I felt it again.



Not outside.


Not in the room.



Inside me.



Something moving.



Something rewriting.



Something trying to…


Finish what it started.



And for the first time—


I didn’t just feel afraid.



I felt like I was about to disappear.

Popular posts from this blog

The Pattern of Silence - The Mind Behind the Pattern - Part 7

 By now, the case had stopped being a mystery of events . It had become a study of a mind . Aarav didn’t look at the victims that morning. He looked at absence . “No rage,” he said. Arvind leaned forward. “We’ve already established that.” “No,” Aarav replied calmly. “You’ve observed it. I’m explaining it.” Jadhav stayed silent. He had learned—when Aarav spoke like this, something important followed. Aarav began walking slowly. “Most killers begin with emotion—anger, revenge, fear, desperation.” He paused. “This one begins with detachment .” Arvind crossed his arms. “A psychopath.” Aarav shook his head slightly. “Too simple.” Silence. “A psychopath seeks thrill, dominance, sometimes recognition,” Aarav continued. “This person…” He glanced at the board. “…is patient. Consistent. Controlled.” Jadhav spoke hesitantly. “Then what is he?” Aarav turned. “A system.” The word felt strange. Unsettling. “He behaves like a system,” Aarav clarified. “Observe → Select → Execute → Erase.” Arvin...

Behind the Lit Windows - The Windows We Leave Behind - Part 20 ( FInal )

 The building stood the same. Tall. Quiet. Familiar. But not everything inside it stayed. A few days later— a small moving truck waited outside. On the fourth floor, Sana stood in the middle of her now-empty apartment. No curtains. No plant by the window. No traces of the nights she had spent there… except in memory. She walked slowly to the window one last time. The glass felt colder than usual. Across the building— the seventh-floor balcony was empty. She didn’t wait. Didn’t expect. Because some goodbyes don’t need to be seen. They just need to be understood. She smiled softly to herself. Not with sadness. But with acceptance. Life had given her something unexpected. Not a forever. But something real enough to change her. And that… was enough. She turned. Picked up her bag. And walked out. No messages. No last words. Just a quiet ending. Across the building, Arun stood in his kitchen. He didn’t know the exact moment she left. But someh...

Everyone Else Got the Manual - The Choice That Was Always Mine - Part 13 (Final )

 Darkness doesn’t feel empty. It feels… full. Full of something you can’t see. Something you can’t stop. Something that knows you’re still there. I couldn’t move. Not my hands. Not my feet. Not even my breath felt like mine. Inside me— Something was working. Quiet. Precise. Like a system completing its final step. “Erase residual identity.” The words echoed. Not from the book. From within. I tried to think. Tried to hold onto something— Anything— That felt like me . A memory. Laughter with Kavya. Late-night overthinking. Doubts. Fears. Even the confusion. All the things I once hated… They felt precious now. Because they were mine. “No…” I whispered. The word barely existed. The pressure inside me increased. Like something tightening. Wrapping. Erasing. “You don’t need that,” a voice said. Calm. Familiar. I recognized it instantly. It was my voice. But not mine. The other version. The ali...

The Mysuru Cipher - The Forgotten Father - Part 19

 The note remained on the stone floor. Three words. "Ask your father." Aditya stared at it. The chamber around him disappeared. The ancient walls. The hidden vault. The mystery. Everything became distant. Because one question had suddenly become more important than all others. Why had his father hidden this from him? "My father knows about this?" Nobody answered immediately. Professor Acharya looked away. Narasimha lowered his head. Even Devendra remained silent. That silence was enough. Aditya understood. They all knew. Ananya stepped closer. "Aditya..." He looked at her. For the first time since their investigation began, he seemed uncertain. Not as a detective. As a son. "My entire life, I thought my father was just a government employee." He looked at the diary. "Not a guardian." Prakash placed a hand on his shoulder. "Maybe he was protecting you." Aditya gave a faint smile. "Everyone...

My Mother’s Prince - The Loud Ones Carry Quiet Stories Too - Part 25

 The Loud Ones Carry Quiet Stories Too The training days started falling into a rhythm. Morning sessions. Group discussions. Case studies. Canteen food reviews by Raghav. “Today’s dal is emotional,” Raghav announced during lunch. “What does that even mean?” Kavya asked. “It looks like it cried before reaching the plate.” Even Sameer laughed. That evening, after dinner, he walked back to the hostel building. The campus lights were soft. Cool breeze. The kind of evening that makes people think about home. His phone rang. Amma. He answered immediately. “Hello.” Her voice sounded normal. But softer. “Did you eat?” “Yes.” “Food good?” “Yes.” “Room clean?” “Yes.” Three questions. Standard mother protocol. But something felt different. “Amma… everything okay?” A small pause. “Hmm.” That “hmm” carried too many things. “Tell me.” She hesitated. “Electricity problem in the house today.” “What happened?” “Fuse issue.” “Fixed?” “Yes… neighbor helped.” H...

Where the Sunrise Waited - The Secret Plan - Part 5

 The Secret Plan  The hill town slowly began to quiet down as afternoon sunlight softened the busy streets. Tourists wandered through the small market. Children chased each other near the town square. The mountains around the town looked peaceful again, as if nothing mysterious had ever existed there. But inside a small souvenir shop, two people were whispering like conspirators. Kabir and Riya. Dev stood a few feet away pretending not to be involved. “This is a bad idea,” he said without looking at them. Kabir waved his hand dismissively. “Relax. It’s just harmless fun.” Riya nodded enthusiastically. “Exactly. Just a tiny experiment.” Dev sighed. “I already regret being here.” Kabir leaned closer to Riya and lowered his voice. “Step one,” he whispered, “we make them accidentally walk together tomorrow.” Riya grinned. “That’s easy.” “Step two,” Kabir continued, “we disappear for a while.” Dev stared at them. “You two are insane.” Across the market street, ...

My Mother’s Prince – The First Time He Had to Lead - Part 23

The First Time He Had to Lead  The announcement came right after lunch. The trainer walked into the hall holding a stack of papers. “Alright,” he said, looking around the room. “Enough theory. Time for practice.” That sentence made half the room nervous. The other half excited. “You will now be divided into teams,” the trainer continued. “Each team will get a real operational problem.” “You have two days to analyze it and present a solution.” Thirty trainees immediately started whispering. Group projects always create two kinds of people: The ones who want to lead. The ones who hope someone else leads. He belonged to the second category. The trainer started calling names. “Team One…” “Team Two…” Then— “Team Three.” He heard his name. Along with four others. Raghav. A confident-looking woman named Kavya. A serious guy named Arjun. And another quiet participant named Sameer. Five people. One team. They gathered around a table with their case file. ...

Behind the Lit Windows - The Weight of Knowing - Part 8

 Knowing changed everything. Not loudly. Not immediately. But quietly… in the spaces between moments. The next morning, Arun woke up earlier than usual. For a few seconds, everything felt normal. Then it returned. The realization. It’s her. Not just a voice on the screen. Not just words anymore. A person. A window. A presence he could see . He walked to the balcony almost instinctively. The fourth-floor window was still. Curtains half drawn. No movement. But now… it didn’t feel distant. It felt close . Too close. Inside her apartment, Sana sat with a cup of water, staring at her phone. The conversation from last night lingered in her mind. “Do you have a blue curtain?” It had felt like coincidence at first. Now… it felt like something else. Not dangerous. Just… strange. She shook it off. Maybe she was overthinking. She had enough problems already. “Good morning,” Arun typed. He watched the screen. Waited. Across the building, Sana’s phone lit...

Behind the Lit Windows - Learning Each Other Again - Part 14

 Standing in front of each other felt… unfamiliar. Not because they were strangers. But because they weren’t anymore. The hallway was quiet. Too quiet for two people who had said so much… and now didn’t know where to begin. Arun shifted slightly, his hands unsure of where to rest. “So…” he started, then stopped. Sana let out a small breath. A faint smile touched her lips. “Yeah… so .” They both almost laughed. Almost. It was strange. Behind a screen, words had flowed effortlessly. Here— every word felt like it carried weight. “You’re quieter in real life,” Sana said gently. Arun nodded. “And you’re… more real.” The moment lingered. Not awkward. Just… honest. A soft sound echoed from a nearby apartment—utensils, a door closing, life continuing as usual. But for them… time had slowed. Sana leaned lightly against the wall. “I kept thinking… what if this ruins everything?” she admitted. Arun didn’t interrupt. He understood that feeling too well. ...

The Rose Behind the Verdict - The Rose Behind the Verdict - Part 14 - ( Final )

 No thunder rolled now. Morning sunlight entered Bishan House for the first time in years, touching dust, portraits, and faces that had forgotten warmth. Mira stood motionless. “Me?” she whispered. Dev lowered his eyes. “Yes,” said Arindam. “Dev returned not for Leela—but for Mira.” Silence deepened. Leela stared, then suddenly laughed through tears. “I knew it.” Mira turned sharply. “You knew?” Leela nodded. “You never looked at me the way you looked at her.” Dev stepped forward at last, stripped now of charm and performance. “When we were children,” he said softly, “Mira was the only person kind to me in this house. When I left for London , I intended to forget her.” “And failed?” asked Niraj. “Miserably.” Mira’s eyes filled. “Then why help Leela flee?” “Because Harish planned to force her marriage and use the inheritance to pressure you. Saving her was the only way to free you both.” Leela embraced her sister. “All these years,” she said, “everyone hid love b...